- This event has passed.
Experiential Enrichment for Women and Horses
June 9, 2018 - June 10, 2018$325
Co-taught by Heidi Potter and Sharon Wilsie
Horse lovers of all levels, from those with no experience to the life-long horse owner are invited to this unique and inspirational weekend. Heidi and Sharon, both with a background in traditional martial arts, bring you over 80 years of combined horse experience. Their journey’s have led them to an enriching, special, mindful and rewarding practice with horses. What they share will be teachings to enhance your overall life, with and without the horse. Join them for a inspirational weekend of experimenting with eastern philosophies, the basics of Centered Riding, the practice of Holistic Horsemanship and the integration of Horse Speak. Together they promise to bring you a magical experience. Here’s a sample of what this unique, experiential-based clinic will feature:
- Interactive exercises to enhance mindfulness, relaxation, and awareness.
- Practice with breathing techniques, grounding and centering.
- Herd observation to deepen understanding of the subtleties of equine communication and behavior.
- Interacting with horses at liberty to experience connection using energy, spatial awareness, breath and Horse Speak techniques.
- In-hand sessions with horses to better understand how to create safer, more trusting relationships. The focus will be on finding balance, softness and calmness using the buttons of Horse Speak.
- Tai Chi session taught by Sifu Linda Peck to improve mental, emotional, spiritual and physical balance.
- Body Mechanics session designed to enhance your body awareness, strength and fitness, flexibility.
The clinic days run from 9-5:00. Horses are provided but we may consider taking in a couple of outsiders. Healthy catered lunches will be offered. Saturday evening features an optional potluck campfire cookout, complete with 15 minute chair massages and s’mores. This clinic is limited to 12 participants. $325 Early Bird Fee (50% deposit and registrations due by April 25th) $375 after April 25. Option for private sessions with either Heidi or Sharon on Monday, June 11.