Mackinac Island Horsemanship Retreat
September 13 @ 6:00 pm - September 16 @ 5:00 pm
Holistic Horsemanship Trail Riders Retreat
Mackinac Community Equestrian Center
Mackinac Island, Michigan
Sign up by 7/1/18 and take advantage of the Early Bird Discount.
Journey back in time on Mackinac Island, well known for its miles of horse trails, beautiful scenery, history and adherence to the 1898 ordinance banning “horseless” carriages, aka, the automobile. Retreat guests will enjoy a simpler way of life while learning more about creating trusting and enjoyable relationships with horses. Island transportation consists of horse taxi’s, bicycles (provided) or your own two feet.
This unique retreat offers riders of all disciplines and levels, from walk/trot to seasoned competitors, a chance to slow down and embrace all that Heidi’s approach to Holistic Horsemanship has to offer. The three clinic days include workshops, in-hand work, mounted instruction and trail rides all designed to improve comfort, confidence and communication both on the ground and in the saddle.
Retreat limited to 12 participants plus non-riding guests. Don’t delay in reserving your spot!
- Thursday, September 13, 6:00-7:00 pm — Meet & Greet Cocktail Hour
- Friday-Sunday September 14-16 — Retreat Workshops, Riding Instruction & Trail Rides
- Monday, September 17 — Depart Island & Travel Home
- Clinic Fee: $475 when you register and pay by July 1. $550 after July 1.
- Host Fee: $225. The host fee covers the Thursday Evening Meet & Greet Cocktail Hour, Daily Horse Rental, Guided Trail Ride, Lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Travel Support
How to Register
- Send your completed Clinic Registration Form with payment to Heidi Potter.
- Complete the Host Registration Form on the Mackinac Horseman’s Association website.
- Make your arrangements for travel and accommodations on the island. Detailed information about getting to the island is available here. Participants are offered a special rate (use promo code “HORSES”) at the Inn at Stonecliffe, a beautiful, historic inn. Their Summer House Suites feature a mini-fridge, wet bar, microwave, separate living room and bedroom quarters decorated in light Victorian style with a modern twist. You’ll love the tranquility and relaxation offered by the heated pool, rolling lawns and breathtaking views from atop the bluff of the Inn. Ask the inn about their rate for a non-riding family member or friend to join you. The cost is very reasonable and there is plenty for them to do on the island while you are horsing around.
- Mackinac Host Ashley Day (firstname.lastname@example.org, 906.847.8034) can provide you with information on places to stay and answer any questions you have about travel on the island.
- To learn more about the island visit: www.mackinachorses.org/riding-retreat